Monday, February 04, 2013

Idea and Image

Idea and Image
- HAWAII -

Statement
I grew up on this island when I was a child. My father was a student at BYU - Hawaii when I was five, so I lived in Laie for five years. All my siblings followed my father's footsteps and attended BYU - Hawaii and so did I. When I came back to Hawaii to get my degree, it almost felt like I was going back to my home town. There were many things that I was familiar with and I felt comfortable for most of the things. However, I was still amazed by the beautiful environment here on this island. I realized that although I knew it was beautiful, my perspective as a child has changed to a perspective as an adult.
I want to express and show the beauty of Hawaii through photograph, so that I can always remember and keep the spirit of Aloha in my heart and hand them down to my descendants.

No comments:

Post a Comment